Saturday, March 22, 2008

I'm back with Soy Chai

Hello.. I'm back after a brief break.. with a perfect recipe for a snowy day.. we had a snow storm last night, and it is freezing now! I really wanted to drink something hot tea but realized that I ran out of milk.. I had two cartons of Silk Vanilla Soy milk and decided to quickly try to make "Soy Chai".. and it turned out great!!

Here is what you need for two cups of tea (chai):
Water - 1 cup
Soy Milk - 1-1/2 cups
Tea leaves (four teaspoons) or tea bag (3) - the quantity really depends on the type of tea
A mix of spices
Honey/Sugar to taste

Again, please buy recently packed, good quality tea leaves or bags - it makes a lot of difference..

How to:
1. Boil water in a thick bottom vessel until you see bubbles
2. Add 1/2 a teaspoon of spice mix - see my next post for the ingredients
3. Add the tea leaves/tea bag and bring to a boil
4. Add the Soy Milk and bring to a boil
5. Add Sugar/Honey
6. Strain and drink..

I did not add sugar or honey for myself because the soy milk had a hint of vanilla. You can try it without sugar/honey and always add it later if necessary.

The quantity of water and milk can vary depending on how you want your tea. If you want it watery, add more water.. and if you want it thick, you can add more milk

No comments: